All of us were created to worship. Through worship, we encounter God. As we sing together songs of praise and worship to Him and celebrate all He has done, we can express our love and devotion to Him and our desire to serve Him.
St Paul’s church Worcester has a dedicated team of musicians, singers, sound and video technicians and leaders who serve at our Sunday services. The worship is usually band-led and, although the services may occasionally differ in style and format, our aim is to help everyone engage with God and respond to Him.
Worship is our heartfelt response to the God who loves us – we are passionate about being a worshipping community!
“Worship is the opportunity for busy people to touch the eternal, for sinners to glimpse the holy, for broken people to be enfolded in His perfect love. Worship is moving beyond our self-centred lives to meet the One who created us for something better.” – Rob Frost
“Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!” Psalm 150:6
Want to get involved?
Leading the congregation in worship is an awesome privilege, but also an awesome responsibility.
We don’t take this lightly and expect our worship team members to demonstrate a commitment to a Godly lifestyle and a willingness to learn, lead and leap into the great unknown with a sense of expectation and adventure.
The corporate worship of St Paul’s should be continually evolving as we seek the heart of God and spend time in his presence.
Musicians need to be flexible, our PA guys need to be on the ball, and our worship leaders are expected be bold and courageous.
We’re always on the lookout for new singers, musicians and technicians to get involved. We obviously expect a certain amount of talent and desire to improve, but attitude and willingness to be part of a team and to learn are crucially important.
The process is very straight forward:
- Follow this LINK to download an application form
- The worship team leadership group will consider your application and get back to you as quickly as possible with a response.
- We’ll hold an audition.
- We’ll take references.
- If successful (we’ll talk to you if we feel now is not the right time), we’ll arrange a quick interview.
- We’ll talk you thorough the expectations regarding everything from our rehearsals to what we expect you to wear on stage.
We would expect any successful applicant to attend a number of rehearsals and practices prior to becoming part of the team on a Sunday, (this could be several months).
We aim to support new members in a variety of ways:
- Offer taster sessions. – If you’re not sure about becoming a member of the team, you could attend some of our rehearsals and join in (singing/playing/teching) – without any commitment either way.
- We’d buddy you up with a singer/musician/technician to support you through your early days in the team.
- We’ll give you feedback.